Dato og tid er 13.12.2017 10:14:20

Alle tider er UTC + 1 time

Skriv nyt emne Svar på emne  [ 65 indlæg ]  Gå til side 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Næste
Forfatter besked
 Titel: Blood Axis + Die Weisse Rose + David E Williams 22/8, Lygten
Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Institut Benjamenta
Blood Axis
Die Weisse Rose
David E. Williams

Concert date: Monday 22nd August 2011, doors open 7pm.
Place: Lygten, Lygten 2, 2400 CPH NV (right besides Nørrebro Station) MAP
Price: 130 dkk / 17.50 euro
Preorder tickets: mads (a) bragagild.dk
When paying your preordered ticket with paypal, please note that we charge an extra 7.50 dkk / 1 euro per ticket, due to paypal fees.
140 tickets only. We recommend that you buy your tickets in preorder.
Remaining tickets will be sold at the door.

BLOOD AXIS

The concept for the musical project Blood Axis was initially created in the early 1990s by the musician, artist, and writer Michael Moynihan. He is joined in Blood Axis by ongoing artistic collaborators, guitarist and recording engineer Robert Ferbrache, and Annabel Lee, an accomplished violin player and artist. Other artists have also contributed to the project over the course of its existence.

The first Blood Axis album, The Gospel of Inhumanity (1996), was recorded by Moynihan and Ferbrache in 1995 and its somber, elegant tones and conceptual richness attracted considerable attention in underground art and music scenes in Europe and the United States. While this album continues to influence numerous bands who have imitated its sound and style, Blood Axis has long since evolved in new directions. Annabel Lee began working with the group in 1996.

In 1997 Blood Axis performed at a prestigious event marking the 10th anniversary celebration of the Swedish industrial label Cold Meat Industry. The resulting recording became the basis for the 1998 album Blót: Sacrifice in Sweden, which at the time was the first release by a non-Scandinavian band on the CMI label. Blood Axis has given occasional live performances over the years. These have included sporadic events in the USA in 1992 and 1998, a European tour in 1998, special concerts in Portugal in 2001 and 2008, and a small tour of Germany and Italy in 2005.

In 2010 the second full-length Blood Axis studio recording, Born Again, was released to overall acclaim among both reviewers and fans old and new. While this new album retains certain echoes of the earlier sounds of Blood Axis, it defies easy categorization and represents a bold development in many respects.

This is the first appearance ever by Blood Axis in Copenhagen, and the set at this concert will include new and old material.

Vinyl editions of THE GOSPEL OF INHUMANITY and BORN AGAIN will be available for sale. ULTIMACY, a giant compilation of Blood Axis singles will available as well.

The line-up at this concert will be: Michael Moynihan, Annabel Lee, Robert Ferbrache, David E. Williams (keyboards), Aaron Garland (bass), and John Murphy (percussion). Members of Blood Axis on this tour have also worked with people and bands such 16 Horsepower, Alraune, Amber Asylum, The Associates, Backworld, Birch Book, Club Moral, Cotton Ferox, Coup de Grâce, Current 93, Douglas P./Death in June, The Electric Hellfire Club, Ernte, Fire + Ice, Human Head Transplant, In Gowan Ring, Les Joyaux de la Princesse, Richard Kern, The Lindbergh Baby, Nico, Boyd Rice/NON, Sangre Cavallum, Slim Cessna’s Auto Club, Soul Merchants, SPK, Steve von Till, Tarantella, The The, Trance, Verdandi, The Voluptuous Horror of Karen Black, Waldteufel, Witch-Hunt, Woven Hand.

www.bloodaxis.com/
www.myspace.com/bloodaxisofficial
www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Axis
www.edred.net/2010/04/22/blood-axis/

DAVID E. WILLIAMS

David E. Williams are playing a solo set (song and keyboard), and his concert in Copenhagen is the only David E. Williams concert in europe in 2011, thou he does participate as a member of the band at all Blood Axis concerts in europe 2011.

Though he’s dabbled in neo-Weimar cabaret, abrasive electronics and even film scores, David E. Williams of Phillidelphia, United States of America is best known for electro-symphonic pop and a lyrical humor so dark that it’s not really funny. Some might call it gallows humor, but "gas chamber humor" is a bit more accurate for his love songs rife with murder, abuse and obscure references to eating.

Beyond his solo work, he has collaborated with a diverse spectrum of underground luminaries that includes Bleiburg (martial ambient), Deathpile (power electronics), Naevus (post punk / folk noir), Nazi UFO Commander (Neuschwabender trance), Thomas Nola (decadent music hall) and, most famously, Rozz Williams, the former Christian Death lead singer for whom Williams arranged and produced the posthumous live CD Accept the Gift of Sin.

Purchase of all David E. William releases are available at iTunes Store.

www.davidewilliams.com
www.myspace.com/davidewilliams

DIE WEISSE ROSE

Die Weisse Rose’s performances are elaborate rituals, kaleidoscopic (or even psychedelic) experiences. Elements such as uniforms, burning torches, snippets of old schlägers, segments from documentary films and philosophical proclamations are wowen together by orgies of live drums and electronic sounds.

Die Weisse strives towards what Wagner called ”Gesamtkunstwerke” – total works of art. When most other bands talk about Gesamtkunstwerke, it sounds pretentious. When Die Weisse Rose do it, it makes sense.

Die Weisse Rose also like to think of their songs as “audiodocumentaries”. Again, such a seemingly pretentious term makes sense, as Die Weisse Rose’s art is just as indebted to the History Channel as to Throbbing Gristle.

To bolster Die Weisse Rose’s lineup (which really consists only of the band’s mastermind, Thomas Bøjden) over the years the unit has recruited collaborators to its ranks that makes DWR smack of an Industrial supergroup. From Marco Deplano (Foresta di Ferro), Gerhard (Allerseelen), Kim Larsen (Of the Wand and the Moon) to name but a few.

In return, Thomas Bøjden has returned the favour and played with a who’s who of of the Industrial and Neofolk underground, from well-established outfits like Rome, Blood Axis and Foresta Di Ferro to up-and-coming Austrian neofolk band Klammheim.

Die Weisse Rose are available on record with a realse on Cold Meat Industry, and also participate at the new Allerseelenlieder Compilation.

If you fear that we have another ”martial” clone band on our hands, prepare to be pleasantly surprised. The music is painstakingly crafted and orchestrated to perfection to include electronic elements, field recordings and real instruments, and its creative merits really stand out in an underground culture where bands of far lesser talents than Die Weisse Rose would release three albums in the time Die Weisse Rose have patiently worked on theirs.

www.myspace.com/dieweisserose
www.youtube.com/user/dieweisserose

Jytte Nørtoft Jensen, Silkeborg.

Profil Hjemmeside 

Titel: Re: Blood Axis + Die Weisse Rose + David E Williams 22/8, Ly
Brugeravatar

Jeg vil anbefale at man køber billet i forsalg - der er en del run på allerede.

Profil Hjemmeside 

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: KBH
Jawohl!
(Det er ikke helt min ting, men jeg vil gerne se Moynihan.)

Senest rettet af oles 15.07.2011 10:55:49, rettet i alt 1 gang.

Profil Hjemmeside 

kan du reservere 5 billetter til første august?

Brugeravatar

Åh, ja: Hvis nogen er interesseret i interviews, så kan det med stor sandsynlighed godt lade sig gøre. Pb mig lige.

Roskumsnusk> Det kan jeg godt.

oles> Skal jeg reservere billet til dig og sende betalingsoplysninger, eller hvorledes? Jeg tror godt den kan gå og blive udsolgt, at dømme efter forhåndsinteresse og facebook og sådan.

Profil Hjemmeside 

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: KBH
Fisker Thomas skrev:

oles> Skal jeg reservere billet til dig og sende betalingsoplysninger, eller hvorledes? Jeg tror godt den kan gå og blive udsolgt, at dømme efter forhåndsinteresse og facebook og sådan.

Ja, gør det. Så er jeg sikker på at komme afsted.

Profil Hjemmeside 

Brugeravatar

hvor mange billetter er til salg? og hvor mange er gået indtil videre?

ps. er ikke interesseret i et interview, men vil dog gerne have mine tyr journaler signeret. kan det lade sig gøre?

Brugeravatar

tetragrammaton skrev:
hvor mange billetter er til salg? og hvor mange er gået indtil videre?

ps. er ikke interesseret i et interview, men vil dog gerne have mine tyr journaler signeret. kan det lade sig gøre?

Der er 140 billetter til salg, og jeg vil anslå at 40 er gået/reserveret allerede. Det er selvfølgelig også de mest interesserede der har skrevet hurtigst, men Blood Axis' facebookside er ikke opdateret, og jeg forventer en del svenskere meget snart.

Profil Hjemmeside 

Brugeravatar

jeg forstår, og tak for info.

Brugeravatar

Hov, jeg glemte helt at skrive at der nok ikke er noget i vejen for at få Tyr-journalerne signeret. Jeg tror godt du kan få fat i Moynihan til koncerten - ellers så bare hiv fat i mig, så skal jeg nok gøre et eller andet. De virker overordentlig flinke i mailkorrespondancen, og som om de ikke har noget imod at snakke med folk og den slags.

Profil Hjemmeside 

Vis indlæg fra foregående:  Sorter efter  
Skriv nyt emne Svar på emne  [ 65 indlæg ]  Gå til side 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Næste

Alle tider er UTC + 1 time